Hosted by the Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA) in collaboration with the World Electric Vehicle Forum, EVS26, the premier conference for the electric vehicle industry, was held in Los Angeles in May. Successfully managed by National Trade Productions (NTP), EVS26 drew more than 5,000 people from 47 countries to California, a significant increase from 2007, the last time it was held in the United States.
EVS26 showed signficant gains including:
- 60% increase in exhibiting companies—to more than 200. Companies represented automotive and other vehicle manufacturers, utilities, component and technology developers, government agencies and more.
- Almost 50% increase in exhibit space.
- 17% increase in sponsorship revenue.
- A robust Ride, Drive & Charge with over 1,200 participants and more than 20 vehicles including cars from Honda, General Motors, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota and Mitsubishi Motors. Test drive models included battery, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell electric drive vehicles as well as electric bikes and scooters.
- Almost 500 educational presentations covering all facets of electric drive, including vehicles, energy storage, infrastructure, research and development, market deployment, and policy.
The Electric Drive industry is thriving and the growth and excitement around EVS26 demonstrates the interest in this market from consumers and business alike,” says Diane Vidoni, Show Director for EVS26 and Vice President of Operations and Conferences for National Trade Productions. “Although we faced many exciting challenges with so many vehicles and charging mechanisms exhibited both inside and out, the show floor truly represented the current innovations and future of the industry.” National Trade Productions provided attendee marketing, exhibit and sponsorship sales, conference services, registration and operations, both preshow and onsite.
“EVS26 could not have happened at a more opportune time or in a more appropriate location,” says EDTA president Brian Wynne. “The global challenges of oil dependence in the transportation sector must be addressed and electric drive will be critical to the effort. EVS26 brought together the leading companies and visionaries who are making sustainable transportation a reality”, added Brian Wynne.
About The Electric Drive Transportation Association (EDTA), host of EVS26
EDTA, host organization for EVS26, is the preeminent trade association representing battery, hybrid, plug-in hybrid and fuel cell electric drive technologies and infrastructure. EDTA conducts public policy advocacy, education, industry networking, and international conferences. EDTA’s membership includes vehicle and equipment manufacturers, energy companies, technology developers, component suppliers, government agencies and others. For more information about EDTA and its members, visit ElectricDrive.org. For information about owning and operating electric vehicles, please visit GoElectricDrive.com.
About National Trade Productions, Inc. (NTP)
For more than 30 years, National Trade Productions (NTP) has been the leader in the face-to-face events industry. NTP specializes in the management of all aspects of B2B tradeshows and events. From exhibitor and sponsorship sales, onsite exposition management, attendee marketing, conference management and housing/registration management, NTP’s legacy of success drives results. For more information or questions, please contact Andrew Ortale at 703-683-8500 or email@example.com. Visit the NTP website.